If by now you have not entered our Half-a-Million-Views contest, what are you waiting for? Remember that there are two different ways to enter – on our site (here) and on our Facebook page (here). You have until March 8th to enter. But of course if you’re anything like us, if you don’t do it now you never will. So take a minute and enter for your chance to win some great prizes!
This week we also shared our thoughts on the Bontrager RXL Clip Ons. For the weight weenies out there, this is the clip on bar for you. Devon also took a first look at Pioneer’s new power meter that delivers true left\right metrics. But let’s be honest, the best post of the week was our giveaway!
For those visiting us for the first time—welcome! One of our favorite ways to showcase our readers is our Readers’ Rides album on Facebook. You can check it out at http://on.fb.me/12jEqE3. If you would like to have your bike featured in our album just tweet us at @AeroGeeks, Facebook message us, or email us at info@AeroGeeks.com.
Blue Signs new Athletes
Normally we don’t cover athlete signings, but this one is a little different. This week Blue signed four athletes to their roster – Dede Griesbauer, Patrick Evoe, Kyla Chapman, and Paul Matthews. So why is this big news? Many of you may remember that a number of athletes were stuck in the middle when Blue was in turmoil last year. And now, if athletes are willing to take a bet on Blue, we think this is a great indicator of the state of Blue Competition Cycles.
On top of the athlete signings, Blue shared their 2014 paint details and the flower power bike is back! We don’t have full build details yet, but this is a great start for Blue’s comeback. We look forward to seeing it play out.
This Week’s Posts:
Tuesday – Bontrager Race X Lite Clip-On Review
Wednesday – The Half-A-Million-Visitor Giveaway
We’ve had a lot of great products roll through the mailroom this week. First, Louis Garneau sent us both their brand new P-09—and we can already tell you that this is the easiest aero helmet we’ve attempted to slip on—as well as their very aero Course road helmet. On the training \ recovery side, Marc Pro sent us their muscle conditioning device meant to help reduce recovery time and muscle fatigue.
- Mavic CXR 60 – Today was our last ride with the CXRs, and it was the perfect way to end our time with them. When you find yourself in a group ride with varying speeds, having the best braking wheels out there is a huge plus. We loved our time with the CXRs and will be sad to see these wheels go. Keep an eye out for our Final Thoughts this week.
- Cervelo P2/P3 – With Devon sidelined and Tracy spending some time on our Shiv, the P2 and P3 were left in the stable this week. The good news is next week they will be making a return appearance.
- Profile Design TwentyFour Series – Last ride is scheduled for this week, then back to PD they go.
- Sony HDR AS30V Action Camera – We enjoyed our last ride with the AS30V today, so it’s about time to send it back. We are big fans of the form factor and integrated GPS. But the included software, however, may leave a bit to be desired. Check out our review this week.
- Zensah Reflect Compression Arm Sleeves – We have been riding and running with these for a while in the “cool” south Florida winter. But the summer temps are definitely back this week, which means we finally got a chance to see how these do in the heat. Check out our thoughts this week.
- Profile Design RZ2 – We are about half-way through our time with the newest aero frame bottle. Let us know if there is anything specific you want us to take a look at.