For some it’s the off season, for others the beginning of the new season and for some – a day to be crowned champion. To those that raced the 2575 Championship today – congrats. And to those like the AeroGeeks who made this weekend the official start of their 2014 season – good luck to the best season of your lives!
We finished three reviews this week and were excited to share our thoughts on all of them. XLAB’s Torpedo System was one of the most anticipated items of 2013, and a product we had looked forward to spending time with. Over the 3 months we spent with it, we found it lived up to all of its promises and had a few tricks up its sleeves.
This coming week we are wrapping up another of our big reviews – the Cervelo S5. The past month we have been treating the S5 as a tribike, and seeing how it stacked up against dedicated time trial machines.
For those visiting us for the first time—welcome! One of our favorite ways to showcase our readers is our Readers’ Rides album on Facebook. You can check it out at http://on.fb.me/12jEqE3. If you would like to have your bike featured in our album just tweet us at @AeroGeeks, Facebook message us, or email us at info@AeroGeeks.com.
This Week’s Posts:
Tuesday – Inviscid Design Speedfil R3 – Review
- Cervelo S5 – We wrapped up our time with the S5 this past week. Cervelo says this bike is as fast as the P4 and while we couldn’t validate those claims, we can tell you that it feels incredibly fast. Throwing on a set of Mavic CXR 60s and swapping between Profile Designs T3+ Carbon and Bontragers Race X Lite aerobars may have had an impact on that as well.
- Profile Designs T3+ Carbon – We were curious to see how the pistol grips of the T3+ Carbon felt after a few hundred miles in the saddle – stay tuned this week to see our thoughts.
- Bontrager Race X Lite aerobars – Looking to build the lightest tribike possible – meet your aerobars!
- Mavic CXR 60 – Most wheel companies treat stopping as science, but Mavic has made it an art form. The CXRs stop like nothing else on the market.
- Cervelo P2/P3 – The S5 is not the only bike from Cervelo we have in the AG garage. We have both the P2 and the P3 Ultegra. The daily debate has become – save the $1,200 with the P2 or upgrade to the P3. Stay tuned for our thoughts.