Ironman returned to South Florida this weekend with the Ironman 70.3 Miami event. Unfortunately none of our editors were able to race this weekend but we did get to out to the village yesterday and on the bike course today. Make sure to check out our galleries from the event and a big congratulations to all of the finishers!
For all of our new followers—welcome! One of our favorite ways to showcase our readers is our Readers’ Rides album on Facebook. You can check it out at http://on.fb.me/12jEqE3. If you would like to have your bike featured in our album just tweet us at @AeroGeeks, Facebook message us, or email us at info@AeroGeeks.com.
This Week’s Reviews:
Tuesday: Bontrager XXX Aero – First Ride
- Reynolds 72/90 – Every time we think we have a new PR on one of our routes, the Reynolds AERO’s help us break them. Reynolds 72/90 – First Ride
- GoPro Hero3 – One of the big demos at the athletes village this week was using a camera to analyze your swim stroke. Something we are already familiar with during our testing of the Hero3. GoPro Hero3-First Ride
- ICEdot Crash Sensor – Alright – this week we promise to share our final thoughts! ICEdot Crash Sensor – First Ride
- Wheelbuilder.com PowerTap-Equiped Reynolds Aero 72 – While the PowerTap does not have some of the more advanced metrics of the SRM and Quarq offerings, the consistent power data it provides has already shown us the advantages of training with a power meter.. WheelBuilder Reynolds Aero PowerTap Package – First Ride
- Dash Cycles TT.9 – In Miami this week we saw quite a few saddles with cages zip tied to them. This is exactly what the Dash was designed for. Dash Cycles TT.9 – First ride
- Vision TriMax Carbon Base Bar and Metron Brake Levers– The Metron brakes require a bit more reach than some may be accustomed to, however for those that like a large amount of travel, they will find a friend in the Metrons. Vision TriMax Carbon Base Bar – First Ride
- Bontrager Aeolus 3 D3 Clinchers – Quite a few athletes had the deeper Aeolus clinchers for the Miami 70.3 and after riding their 35mm deep brothers we can see why. Bontrager Aeolus 3 D3 Clinchers – First Ride
- Profile Design TwentyFour Series – Keep an eye out this week for our First Ride!
- XLAB Torpedo System 100/400 – Another First Ride we are aiming to publish this week. We have put twice the amount of miles we normally put on a first ride to ensure that the Torpedo is everything we believe it to be.
- Bontrager XXX Aero – We published our first thoughts on this drop bar this past week. Bontrager XXX Aero – First Ride
- Cervelo S5 – Cervelo says the S5 is as aero as their older P4 time trial bike. It is quite a claim but we have the data to back it up.
As always, thanks for reading AeroGeeks and helping build the AG community. Remember that our favorite reviews are the ones that you suggest. Let us know what you would like to see on our pages!