Before we get into why this is the underwear edition, we wanted to congratulate a number of our favorite athletes on some brilliant victories today. First up is Andrew Talansky for winning the Criterium du Dauphine. When the stage started this morning, we were hoping just to see him on the podium. But after a brilliant final stage he ended up at the top spot! He is a South Florida native and one of our home town heroes.
We also have a big congratulations for two of favorite coaches – Joey Perez and Tommy Allore. At the Heartland Triathlon here in Florida this past weekend, Joey took second in the Olympic Distance and Tommy took first in the sprint. For those not familiar with them – Joey is the leader of the WolfPack here in Miami while Tommy is the head triathlon coach at the Club Med Academies where we recently enjoyed several days of some pretty intense training (full details coming this week). Great to see these guys earning a spot on the podium.
For those visiting for the first time—welcome! One of our favorite ways to showcase our readers is our Readers’ Rides album on Facebook. You can check it out at http://on.fb.me/12jEqE3. If you would like to have your bike featured in our album just tweet us at @AeroGeeks, Facebook message us, or email us at info@AeroGeeks.com.
The Underwear Edition – Dear Kate
We talk about lots of gear here at AG, but there’s one piece that we have yet to touch—what goes underneath. Of course, just because we haven’t talked about it before doesn’t make it any less important, and New York-based company Dear Kate agrees. They’ve created a sport-specific collection for the female athlete looking for a pair of undies that can keep up. And after testing a pair ourselves, we can say that they’ve delivered just that. Dear Kate’s sport collection is designed with sweat-wicking fabric and a built-in liner to keep you drier—and more comfortable—longer. There’s some serious technology behind this fabric. After all, Dear Kate’s founder utilized her chemical engineering background to create the patent-pending fabric lining found in each pair. What’s more, these underthings are actually fashionable (forget the granny panties!).
This Week’s Posts
Tuesday – Marc Pro – Review
Friday – Vuka Fit – Review
Pearl Izumi sent us their latest tri gear this past week: the P.R.O IN-R-Cool tri singlet and tri shorts. This is our favorite time to get new apparel since our bodies are back in race shape (we’ve finally burnt off the last of the off-season pounds). Stay tuned for our thoughts as we start to wear these on the road and in the pool!
- Garmin 910xt – We finished up our testing this past week and plan on dropping it back into the mail for Garmin. Stay tuned for our final thoughts next week.
- Zipp Vuka Stealth – It took us a bit, but we got the Stealth all set up on our Shiv test bike (details on how we got it fit – here). With the bar all dialed in, Tracy got her first ride on the Vuka Stealth this past week and is already a fan.
- Scott Tri Carbon Shoe – We started riding with these a week ago and so far so good. The enclosure is easy to get tightened up quickly and we easily transferred power to the wheels in this week’s hill workout.
- Fuji Norcom Straight – In our First Ride article we mentioned how the Norcom Straight set the second fastest time on our internal TT route. Well you can forget about that, since it’s now the King of the Mountain! But the other bikes in our stable are already looking for a chance at redemption.
- Stages Power Meter – Our time with the Stages Power meter is almost at an end. Stay tuned for our Final Thoughts this week.