Half a million – when we launched AeroGeeks just 13 months ago, we never expected to be here already. And while we would like to believe that we got here through just the hard work of our editors – it is really all thanks to you – our readers. And what better way to thank you then with a little contest! We aren’t quite ready to share the details yet, but check back here later this week for the full details about how to enter and just possibly win some of our favorite equipment.
Unfortunately this week wasn’t all good news –Devon, our technical editor broke his radial distal this past week. We wish we could tell you it was when he saved all those orphans from their burning school bus, but unfortunately it was from a minor snowboard accident. The moral of the story – maybe triathletes should limit themselves to just three sports. Make sure to wish him a speedy recovery!
For those visiting us for the first time—welcome! One of our favorite ways to showcase our readers is our Readers’ Rides album on Facebook. You can check it out at http://on.fb.me/12jEqE3. If you would like to have your bike featured in our album just tweet us at @AeroGeeks, Facebook message us, or email us at info@AeroGeeks.com.
This Week’s Posts:
Thursday – Fly6 – First Look
Friday – Cervélo P3 – First Ride
The pace hasn’t slowed down in the mail room. First up were Reynolds new Cryo Blue brake pads. Those should be going on the bikes by the end of next week. Both Scott and Mavic sent us their latest cycling shoes – the Scott Tri Carbon Shoe and Mavic Tri Helium. Scott also sent us their aero Split helmet which we will be spending quite a bit of time with. Make sure to check back for updates as we start our review process on them.
- Bontrager Race X Lite aerobars – Are you a weight weenie looking to build the lightest tri bike out there? Stay tuned this week on one of the lightest sets of aero bars available.
- Mavic CXR 60 – We have one last ride planned with the CXRs – a group charity ride. We figured this was a great opportunity to spend our last bit of time with some of the best braking wheels out there. We also are going to be comparing Mavic’s tire offering with Continental’s and see how they stack up.
- Cervelo P2/P3 – We shared our thoughts on the P3 this week and tried to break down the P2/P3 debate. Regardless of the choice though, both are incredible bikes.
- Profile Design TwentyFour Series – Final thoughts are going to be two more weeks away – Devon’s injury set our review period back just a bit.
- Sony HDR AS30V Action Camera – Now that we have our K-Edge mount we can really get some time with the Sony. Look for our review in another two weeks.