After a couple weeks of playing catch up post-Interbike, we’re getting back into our rhythm of testing and finishing out some of our ongoing reviews. It’s good to be back! This week we looked at the Sony HDR-AS30V Action Camera, Pearl Izumi’s Spring Line, Quintana Roo’s 2014 spring lineup, and finally we finished out the week with an overview of the Specialized booth at Interbike.
And of course we have another big reason to be excited—it’s Kona week! We hope all of our readers are looking forward to watching this weekend as much as we are.
For all of our new followers—welcome! One of our favorite ways to showcase our readers is our Readers’ Rides album on Facebook. You can check it out at http://on.fb.me/12jEqE3. If you would like to have your bike featured in our album just tweet us at @AeroGeeks, Facebook message us, or email us at info@AeroGeeks.com.
A Little Something Extra: GoPro Hero3+
This past week GoPro announced a new iteration of their Hero3 – the Hero3+. Hopefully you caught our First Ride with the Hero3, but if not, you can check it out here. The Hero3+ offers a number of improvements over the Hero3, most importantly a 30% increase in battery life for the Black Edition. Other improvements include 4x Faster WiFi (if you have ever used the existing Hero3 WiFi you know there is a definite lag in viewing the live stream from the camera) and a form factor that is 20% smaller than the previous version. The Silver Edition can now also shoot at resolutions up to 1080p at 60 fps.
The one feature we’d still like to see from GoPro is integrated GPS. However, knowing that both the Garmin Virb and Sony AS30V now come with it, we suspect it is only a matter of time until we see a Hero4 with GPS. Until then, make sure to check out the video below highlighting all the ridiculous things you can do with a GoPro.
This Week’s Reviews:
- Reynolds 72/90 – We can’t believe it’s already been two months since we first started riding the Reynolds. Look for our final thoughts in about another week. Reynolds 72/90 – First Ride
- GoPro Hero3 – As we mentioned earlier, GoPro just released an update to the Hero3. Based on what we’ve already experienced during our time with the Hero3, we can say that we’re definitely looking forward to the extended battery life coming with this update. GoPro Hero3-First Ride
- ICEdot Crash Sensor – Luckily we haven’t fully experienced the capabilities of the crash sensor, but that doesn’t change the fact that we continue to feel that much safer with every ride with it. ICEdot Crash Sensor – First Ride
- Wheelbuilder.com PowerTap-Equiped Reynolds Aero 72 – First thoughts coming this week. Stay tuned!
- Dash Cycles TT9 – We continue to love the minimalist design of the Dash and are still working to determine the best cage to use with it. Dash Cycles TT9 – First ride
- Vision TriMax Carbon Base Bar and Metron Brakes – Our review of the Metron Brakes should be out in another week. Vision TriMax Carbon Base Bar – First Ride
- Bontrager Aeolus 3 D3 Clinchers – We’re continuing to ride the wheels. Let us know if you would like to see any specific tests done. Bontrager Aeolus 3 D3 Clinchers – First Ride
- Profile Design TwentyFour Series – We have one more test ride planned before we share our first thoughts.
- My TriRack – We’ll be publishing our thoughts on the rack this coming week.
As always, thanks for reading AeroGeeks and helping build the AG community. Remember that our favorite reviews are the ones that you suggest. Let us know what you would like to see on our pages!