Obviously the big news this week was Quintana Roos announcement of their new PR frame. We spent quite a bit of time talking with QR about what makes the PR such a special bike and came away very impressed. QR built a bike for triathletes – not for time trialists. The fact that you can build the entire bike with just two wrenches really speaks to us. Make sure to check out our whole article here.
We also wanted to share a quick update from our Half a Million visitor giveaway. Danny – our Facebook winner shot us an image of his new Torhans Aero30 setup. Congrats again to Danny and Brian!
For those visiting us for the first time—welcome! One of our favorite ways to showcase our readers is our Readers’ Rides album on Facebook. You can check it out at http://on.fb.me/12jEqE3. If you would like to have your bike featured in our album just tweet us at @AeroGeeks, Facebook message us, or email us at info@AeroGeeks.com.
This Week’s Posts:
Tuesday – Nathan Sports AP Pro – First Ride
Wednesday – Giro LTZ Gloves – Review
Friday – 2015 Quintana Roo PR6 – First Look
It was a fun week in the mail room. Reynolds sent us a set of their new Strike SLGs. The original Strikes had been included as part of our CD0.1 test bike, and the new SLGs are supposed to be in a whole different class.
A few weeks ago we sent Zipp our fit coordinates based on the Vuka Fit ap. Last week our new Vuka Stealth arrived with matching Vuka R2C shifters and aero brake levers. In April we will equipping our new Shiv test bike with the Stealth and letting you know how it rides!
- Nathan Sports AP Pro – We shared out first thoughts this week but that hasn’t stopped us riding with it. Now if only we could get on a computer on it.
- Garmin 910xt – We found a mount for the 910xt! The K-Edge TT worked like a charm. We are going to continue trying other mounts to see what else works. Besides that – the 910 is living up to its reputation.
- Specialized Shiv – Our First Look is coming later this week, stay tuned for our thoughts.
- Vision Metron 81 Clinchers – Tracy has been riding the 81s for the past two weeks on our Shiv. This past weekend was a bit blustery down here with 20mph cross winds, and while she got bounced around a little, she never felt worried she was going to go over – a testament to Visions design.
- Cervelo P2 – The Shiv isn’t the only First Look we are planning to share this week. Devon has spent quite a bit of time with the P2 since he first rode it in California and he will be sharing his thoughts on it this week as well.
- Reynolds Cryo Blue Pads – We have been riding Reynolds new version of their Cryo Blue pads. Any long time reader of AG knows we are fans of Reynolds braking surfaces, but their new generation of Cryo Blue takes braking to a whole new level.